09 December 2010

Apologies!

Oh my dears, I am so, so, so sorry. I have the oldest excuse in the book for not updating in so long: I have finals coming up next week, and I'm going crazy trying to prepare for them! But, here's the good news: I recently read an amazing book called Thirteen Reasons Why, by Jay Asher. I'm talking life-changing. Not like Harry Potter life-changing, but like To Kill A Mockingbird life-changing, in the sense that it haunts you with it moral conflicts and leaves you devastated and yet hopeful. So, that will (hopefully) be reviewed this weekend! And I also just began the first couple of chapters of Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margie Stohl, and I love it! I have a feeling a double review of Beautiful Creatures and its sequel, Beautiful Darkness, will be coming soon ;) Also, I know that my sidebar has been saying that I'm reading The Maze Runner by James Dashner for a loooooong time, and the thing is, I persevered through about half the book before I finally gave up on it and turned to Thirteen Reasons Why. I'm sure I'll finish it after I finish Beautiful Darkness, but I just don't feel like reading something that frustrating anymore.

Meanwhile, it seems like the holidays are fast approaching, and those Starbucks holiday cups are everywhere - the sight of those things just cheers me up, even if the cup isn't mine :)
And because, in recent days, I have begun to despair about the state of human intelligence:

"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking."

-Jerry Seinfeld

No comments:

Post a Comment