30 December 2010

Best Series Conclusions

Totally obvious choices for this category - Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins and Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead. Mockingjay finishes the Hunger Games trilogy, and the end left me feeling like the story had been wrapped up in the best possible way, where everything wasn't princesses and fairy-tale castles and happily-ever-afters, but it was perfect for the story and the world and the characters. And then there's Vampire Academy's ending, Last Sacrifice. This was such a beautiful book, just as heartwrenching and funny and romantic and shocking as Mead's other books; it finished off the series beautifully. I love both of these series, and I feel like they definitely got the endings they deserved.









What are some of your favorite endings to series? And, speaking of endings, this finishes off my Best Reads of 2010 feature. Tomorrow, I'll just be posting a list of the books I'm looking forward to reading in 2011, and then saying goodbye to a great year :)

2 comments:

  1. Yessss, I agree with your choice of Mockingjay. And I know a lot of people didn't like it because of her major character change or whatever, but I don't see how you can come out of all of that NOT being a little bit messed up. But anyway, I thought the ending was just perfect. I was tired of all those perfect happy endings in other books. :D

    As for Last Sacrifice, I didn't even know it was out. xD Gotta go get that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat: Yeah, Mockingjay was a little bit frustrating, but the ending was, I think, right for the story. And, hey, Katniss and Peeta are both equally messed up after everything they've been through - they deserve to have some peace with each other :) And Last Sacrifice is AMAZING <333. Definitely let me know what you think once you read it!

    ReplyDelete