24 November 2010

So Glad You Dropped By

Hello, and WELCOME! I realize that the whole 'welcome-to-my-blog-let-me-tell-you-how-it-works' post is kind of cliche, but, hey, I'm a new blogger - gotta cut me some slack. Anyhow, my blog is titled 'Confessions of a Bookworm' (in case you happened to have missed the giant bookworm at the top of the page). This is actually a very accurate title, because a) I am a huge bookworm and b) I shall confess many things in this blog - not all of them secrets, but mostly reviews of books (occasionally movies and music as well) and my general musings upon life. That being said, let me tell you a few things about myself. I am a 14-year-old living in San Jose, CA, where the most exciting things that happen have to do with computer chips. I love to read(duh)- I always have my head stuck in a book and I would dearly love to throw anyone who interrupts my reading into a pit full of angry orangutans. However, since I do not have such a pit at my disposal, I make do with giving them a murderous glare and going back to my novel. I also enjoy music (many types), hanging out with friends (I constantly irritate them with gushing about books I love), baking (not always successful, but I try!), and writing (I'm working on getting better at this). I like glitter and the word 'lovely' and laughing so hard I can't breathe. I am stubborn, sarcastic, and terrified that no one is going to read this blog - or people will read it but I'll have no idea that they are reading it, which is almost as bad (this is an ill-disguised plea to stick around for the next few posts and at least give my blog a try - and if you like it, please do comment and/or subscribe!).

I rather seem to have exhausted my capacity for babbling about myself, so with that, I shall leave you be. Just one last thing - in addition to normal posts, I will also be posting a 'quote of the day' on most days, so here's today's, which is one of my all-time favorites -

"Books may well be the only true magic."
-Alice Hoffman

No comments:

Post a Comment