25 November 2010

Thanksgiving Thursday (Thanks For No School)

First off, a very joyous, vivacious, ecstatic, jubilant, lovely, eat-until-you-can't-get-up Thanksgiving to you all! To those of you who will be eating a turkey, enjoy - to those who will not, because they are vegetarian like me or they don't celebrate Thanksgiving, make some pumpkin spice muffins to get in the spirit ;) Anyways, I just thought I would wish you a happy Thanksgiving and let you know that a lot of new posts will be coming in the next few days, mostly about books I read fairly recently before starting this blog.

And to make a general observation about life: letting someone down is one of the worst feelings you can ever have. Ever. Even if you don't know the person you let down. Like if you volunteered for a 5:45 AM shift at a charity Thanksgiving event and you didn't show up because you woke up at 4 AM and slammed the off button on your alarm and immediately drifted back to the shores of sleep (Ella Enchanted reference, anyone?) and then woke up again at 7 AM and went "OH SHIZ". And now you feel really really horrible because you signed up for this in SEPTEMBER and it's all your fault that the team at the event is going to be short one person and you know there's nothing you can do to fix the whole fiasco now, so you resign yourself to staying home and baking pumpkin spice muffins and mourning your own idiocy. So, moral of the story - don't let people down. 

And for one more observation: I've been trying to think of things i am thankful for this Thanksgiving: family, no school, cold weather, holiday spirit, my parents' 15th anniversary, friends...and I realized, I don't know about the friends part. Or rather, about one specific friend. I love all of my friends, especially this one. But I did something to upset her a couple of months ago, and she hasn't spoken to me since. And I've realized that what I said to her was wrong, but I just haven't been able to face swallowing my stupid pride and apologizing, maybe because part of me feels that she won't forgive me, and that, yeah, she has every right not to. What I said to her was idiotic and insensitive, and it just proves what an imbecile I can be. But now, sitting here and missing her, I think it's about time I called her up and apologized. Hopefully, it'll work out.

But for now, a lovely Thanksgiving to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment